The Legal Staff Professionals of South Carolina (LSPSC) is chartered by and affiliated with NALS, the association for legal professionals.
LSPSC is a part of NALS' Region 4 along with Alabama, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, and Tennessee. The association is non-partisan, non-union, non-sectarian, and non-profit based on the principles of service to all legal support professionals, attorneys, courts, law societies, and the general public. Members must adhere to the NALS Code of Ethics and must be familiar with the Code of Professional Responsibility of the American Bar Association.
Our Mission And Goal
LSPSC is dedicated to enhancing the competencies and contributions of members in the legal service profession. It accomplishes its mission and supports the public interest through:
Continuing legal education and resource material;
Networking opportunities at the local, state, regional, and national levels.
NALS Code of Ethics
Members of NALS are bound by the objectives of this association and the standards of conduct required of the legal profession.
Every member shall:
- Encourage respect for the law and the administration of justice
- Observe rules governing privileged communications and confidential information
- Promote and exemplify high standards of loyalty, cooperation, and courtesy
- Perform all duties of the profession with integrity and competence
- Pursue a high order of professional attainment